The Job Announcement Board is provided by South Central Regional Library Council. To post an announcement please email: Diane Capalongo Job announcements will be removed from our Jobs page thirty days after the day of posting unless the hiring institution requests otherwise.
Corning Museum of Glass - Rakow Research Library
Public Services Intern
The Rakow Research Library seeks a creative, energetic, self-motivated Public Services Intern for a paid summer internship who is eager to gain real world experience working in the world's foremost library on the art and history of glass and glassmaking. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work with our diverse international patron base, ranging from grade school students to studio artists to advanced scholars. The intern will work with the Public Services Team, and the internship may be tailored to the strengths and/or interests of the individual. For details and application, please visit:
Back to top
Broome Community College
SUNY Broome Community College has an immediate opening available for a 12 month full-time tenure track position as Assistant Librarian. We are seeking an Innovative Instruction and Outreach Librarian with superior interpersonal skills and the ability to form strong connections with faculty and students. The ideal candidate will be expected to develop an effective information literacy and library awareness program for faculty and students.
Performs professional functions such as: Providing information services, teaching, developing collections, discover and promotes use of open educational resources; promotes library services and events via social media to increase student faculty engagement; provide reference services to students, faculty and community patrons in a highly networked environment; oversees the college archives; collection development and liaison duties in assigned subject area. Experience in information literacy, emerging instructional technologies, assessment of student learning; marketing library services and archival standards and practice is preferred. The preferred candidate must possess strong communication and organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and work effectively in a diverse, student-centered environment committed to the community college mission.
A master's degree from an American Library Association (ALA), accredited library and information science program is required. Three years of professional library experience, or an appropriate combination of librarianship, relevant work experience and scholarly activity is required. Salary range is $55,135 to $68,919.
For full consideration, application materials must be received by March 10, 2017. Interested applicants may apply online at: http://www.sunybroome.edu/employment.
SUNY BCC invites and encourages applications from women and minorities. AA/EOE
Back to top
Assessment and Instruction Librarian
SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking and engaging Assessment and Instruction Librarian to join the Resnick Library beginning in the 2017 Spring Semester. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
Under the direction of the Resnick Library Director, the successful candidate will assist in coordination of the library instruction program including:
- New student Library Orientation
- Overseeing the library assessment program
- Implementing and enhancing services for the benefit of all library users
Other duties include:
- Teaching in the library instruction program, in the classroom, at the library reference desk, and through on-line chat and text service
- Coordinating the development and maintenance of Libguides to support library instruction, programs and special topics
- Working with colleagues to develop and deliver programs that promote library services, resources and events
- Building relationships with faculty, students and other campus groups to encourage an active and engaged library user community
- Serving as a collection development liaison to assigned academic areas
- Maintaining the Government Documents section
- Assisting with library front desk duties
- Actively engaging in professional development, library planning and university service
- Serving as an academic advisor when schedules permit
- ALA-accredited MLIS degree by time of appointment
- One year college teaching experience
- Familiarity with concepts and goals of information literacy
- Experience assessing student learning
- Evidence of commitment to professional development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegiately
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities and needs
- Two or more years college teaching experience
- Experience with collection development in an academic library
- Experience with Government Documents
- Second Master's Degree
- Salary: $40,000 - $41,000
- SL or MP: 4
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday days, some evenings and weekends
- Reports to: Library Director
- This is a Full-time, tenure track faculty appointment with a 10 month obligation
- Budget Title: Assistant Librarian
- Reason for vacancy: Replacement position
- This position offers full New York State benefits: UUP (FT) which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Vita
- Contact information for three professional references
*For full consideration please apply by February 27, 2017
Back to top
Head of Science Library
The Binghamton University Libraries is inviting forward-thinking, collaborative and service-oriented candidates to apply for the position of the Head of the Science Library. The incumbent is responsible for the design and implementation of radically innovative, user-centered services for faculty, students and staff in the sciences. Successful candidates must demonstrate a commitment to supporting a diverse learning and working environment and have a proven track record of dynamic leadership with evidence of autonomous and collaborative problem solving, creative library programming and an appetite for creative communication and knowledge management. S/he will play a critical role in building partnerships within the Libraries, with teaching faculty, and across campus in support of the teaching and research mission of the University. S/he is expected to be a primary advocate for staff and assist them in developing and assessing their own opportunities to design, coordinate and align services on an ongoing basis. Candidates should possess stellar people and project management skills, embrace change and recognize that we are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues. The candidate will serve as an academic liaison in one or more STEM-related disciplines, including active participation in information literacy, assessment, outreach initiatives, collection development and research services.
An ALA-accredited MLS degree and at least 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience in an academic library is required. This is a tenure-track library faculty position. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits, including TIAA/CREF. The Libraries are dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment. Potential applicants who share this goal, especially underrepresented minorities, women and persons with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin on February 27, 2017 and continue until the positions are filled. For full qualifications, application instructions, and additional information, visit at https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com. Binghamton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Binghamton University Libraries is enhancing its web presence and design capabilities to promote its distinctive digital resources and collections. We need a creative web developer to join our team to make this a reality. As a developer you will customize and help support the Libraries content management systems (examples: Primo, Omeka, Archon). This is an opportunity to create new interface templates and interactions and enhance legacy systems. You will gain marketable experience working on open-source systems with the latest technologies, and learn to adapt existing system interfaces.
Please see the full position description and application instructions at https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=80773.
Head of Research and Instructional Services
Binghamton University Libraries is currently accepting applications for the Head of Research and Instructional Services. This position is responsible for the overall direction and management of research and instructional services for the Libraries. Working collaboratively with the Research and Instructional Services Team, the incumbent provides leadership and coordinates the design and implementation of innovative, user-centered research and curriculum support services for faculty, students and staff.
At least 3 years of managerial/supervisory and extensive experience in reference and instructional services in an academic library is required. ALA-accredited MLS degree is also required. This is a tenure-track faculty position. Binghamton University is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system and is located in upstate New York. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits, including TIAA/CREF.
Review of applications will begin on February 10, 2017 and continue until filled. For full qualifications, application instructions, and additional information, visit https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=80187. Binghamton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Back to top