This committee provides advice and guidance regarding educational activities of SCRLC, along with a systematic approach to determine the educational needs of the membership. This includes needs assessment, activities to meet those needs, and evaluation and follow-up to determine effectiveness of the activities.
Recommend policies to the Board of Trustees for the educational services of SCRLC
Survey needs for educational programs
Review short- and long-term goals for regional continuing education
Consider income generation in program planning
Plan and evaluate educational programs
Publicize education opportunities
- Provide input and ideas for responsive programs that meet membership needs as they arise in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ensure that diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are at the forefront of SCRLC's educational services by
- Prioritizing enlisting BIPOC presenters;
- Hosting programs that focus on DEIJ;
- Asking all presenters to consider how systemic racism plays a role within their work.
- Review input from members received through multiple channels: post-event surveys, committee meetings and meetups, or newsletter polls.
- Redesign workshop/program evaluation instrument.
- Recommend best practices for hybrid meetings.
Meeting Schedule & Minutes