The Digitizing Advisory Committee advises the South Central Regional Library Council on the planning, implementation, management, and funding of the regional digitizing program, as well as its participation in the statewide New York Heritage program. The regional and statewide digitization efforts are primarily concerned with access.
1. Recommend policies to the Board of Trustees regarding the digitization program.
2. Review short and long-term goals associated with the New York Heritage program and SCRLC's participation.
3. Ensures the collection development policy for the digitization program is up-to-date.
4. Evaluate and suggest digitizing training programsand continuing education programs.
5. Publicizes and markets New York Heritage within their libraries and cultural organizations and to prospective members.
- Assist with standardized Rights Statements implementation in New York Heritage.
- Explore regional digital preservation needs and possible services through assessment survey.
- Work with SCRLC to conduct assessment to identify regional digitization needs.
- Explore opportunities for regional collaborative digitization projects.
- Assist in supporting goals of NYH, ESDN, and DPLA.
- Assist in supporting implementation of EADC in SCRLC region.
- Assist in developing a New York Heritage Users Group (SIG).
- Provide support for current and future traveling/online exhibits.