The Resource Sharing Advisory Committee serves as advisors to the Board of Trustees and staff on matters of Resource Sharing in the South Central Regional Library Council (SCRLC) region. The Advisory Committee monitors and evaluates the resource sharing activities of SCRLC. It generates creative initiatives and investigates global issues, innovations and trends that impact resource sharing. It develops educational and networking opportunities; suggests and plans Council projects; and identifies resources that are available for sharing.
- Recommends policies and initiatives to the Board of Trustees for regional resource sharing.
- Investigates global issues, innovations, best practices, and trends in resource sharing.
- Provides leadership to the membership for best practices and innovation in resource sharing.
- Reviews short- and long-term goals for the regional resource sharing program.
- Plans resource sharing-related staff training, educational and networking opportunities.
- Establishes subcommittees or task groups as necessary.
- Identifies resources that are available for sharing. e.g. collaboration in the area of e-resources, staff, or services such as the Bibliographic & Referral Center (BARC).
- Continue to update the Resource Sharing LibGuide and area of the SCRLC website.
- Plan one Resource Sharing Users Group meeting.
- Plan a program for mentoring/coaching staff who are new to ILL, based on the data gathered from needs-assessment survey.
- Monitor Resource Sharing/Interlibrary Loan changes – Tipasa/ILLiad, etc
- Continue to integrate DEI programming in the area of Resource Sharing.