The role of the advisory Committee is to identify and address concerns of hospital libraries in the South Central Research Library Region, provide advice and insight regarding the New York State Hospital Library Program, promote library and information service in member health care institutions, provide continuing education opportunities, and facilitate access to medical and health care information.
The committee will consist of standing members from participating hospital libraries with full or part-time MLS librarians, and a representative from the circuit hospital libraries who will serve a three-year term.
- Recommend policies to the Board of Trustees for the Hospital Library Services program of SCRLC.
- Evaluate needs for medical and healthcare education and training programs.
- Enhance communication between regional hospital, nursing, and healthcare libraries.
- Support and promote information literacy and resources in regional hospitals.
- Review and recommend medical/health-related electronic resources for group purchases.
- Create a marketing plan for our HLSP libraries to assist with outreach, continuing education, etc.
- Continue to update profiles for each member hospital in order to understand strengths and weaknesses; hospital resources received through SCRLC; bed counts; partner networks, and new areas of opportunity for SCRLC involvement and service offerings. Field visits will help enhance this document (field visits will be virtual until further notice).
- Continue to monitor changes to DOCLINE and assist HLSP members with any issues they encounter.
- Continue to update the HLSP LibGuide, as well as the HLSP page of SCRLC's website.
- Investigate provision of at least one NN/LM class that would focus on DEI in the upcoming year: https://nnlm.gov/mar/training/schedule.