The role of the advisory Committee is to identify and address concerns of hospital libraries in the South Central Research Library Region, provide advice and insight regarding the New York State Hospital Library Program, promote library and information service in member health care institutions, provide continuing education opportunities, and facilitate access to medical and health care information.
The committee will consist of standing members from participating hospital libraries with full or part-time MLS librarians, and a representative from the circuit hospital libraries who will serve a three-year term.
- Recommend policies to the Board of Trustees for the Hospital Library Services program of SCRLC.
- Evaluate needs for medical and healthcare education and training programs.
- Enhance communication between regional hospital, nursing, and healthcare libraries.
- Support and promote information literacy and resources in regional hospitals.
- Review and recommend medical/health-related electronic resources for group purchases.
- Market HLSP services and resources to member hospitals in order to serve the information needs of regional health care professionals through the provision of health and medical information, resources, expertise, and circuit librarian services to their hospitals.
- Distribute a health-related newsletter at least quarterly for HLSP member institutions to share with their providers, practitioners, nurses, and residents.
- With the Outreach Services Librarian identify new areas of opportunity for SCRLC involvement and service offerings.
- Update the HLSP LibGuide, as well as the HLSP page of SCRLC's website.
- Offer one Continuing Education class for HLSP librarians and liaisons once per year, from either the MLA or the NNLM.
- Provide access to information and webinars for member librarians and liaisons to understand the role diversity plays in access to health care and health information.
- Participate in relevant digital equity projects, if available and as they relate to telehealth and other aspects of health and medicine.