The role of the advisory Committee is to identify and address concerns of hospital libraries in the South Central Research Library Region, provide advice and insight regarding the New York State Hospital Library Program, promote library and information service in member health care institutions, provide continuing education opportunities, and facilitate access to medical and health care information.
The committee will consist of standing members from participating hospital libraries with full or part-time MLS librarians, and a representative from the circuit hospital libraries who will serve a three-year term.
- Recommend policies to the Board of Trustees for the Hospital Library Services program of SCRLC.
- Evaluate needs for medical and healthcare education and training programs.
- Enhance communication between regional hospital, nursing, and healthcare libraries.
- Support and promote information literacy and resources in regional hospitals.
- Review and recommend medical/health-related electronic resources for group purchase.
- Evaluate the TDNet program.
- Review the hospital library/education dept. profiles document under creation to better understand each member's strengths/weaknesses, hospital resource sharing and partner networks, and new areas of opportunity for SCRLC involvement and service offerings.
- Provide input regarding the HLSP coordinator position.
- Review and offer recommendations regarding the 2018-2019 HLSP budget.