The SCRLC Digitization Program has been charged to:
- Identify and include unique collections that reflect the historical significance of the South Central region of NYS.
- Identify organizational partners in the South Central region of New York State.
- Train contributors to develop the skills to select and contribute to New York Heritage.
- Promote standards that create consistency in descriptions and allow for searching across collections.
- Promote New York Heritage as a valuable resource for students, educators and lifelong learners.
The digitizing program at SCRLC was developed with funds from:
- South Central Regional Library Council operating budget
- New York State Regional Bibliographic Databases Program
- Senator George Winner, 53rd Senate District
- Friends of the Tompkins County Public Library
- Assemblywoman Barbara Lifton, 125th Assembly District