SCRLC Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are informal peer communities that come together to learn, commiserate, explore, inspire and network.
SIGs may be as simple as a listserv for posting messages or might include virtual or face-to-face meetings and workshops. Join any of the current special interest groups below:
- Alma Discussion Group - A forum for people in the region to discuss issues, ask questions and share solutions associated with the migration to the Alma LMS. SUNY has a Base Camp available but there are private institutions in the SCRLC region also implementing Alma. Ben Hogben of Ithaca College leads.
- Assessment - This group was set up as part of the statewide ESLN assessment initiative. Assessment is an on-going thing! See also the LibGuide.
- CCDA - Coordinated Collection Development Aid for Academic Libraries. This NYS program was developed to strengthen each region's collections by helping academic libraries to enhance specific subject collections, which are available via resource sharing. This SIG brings together CCDA librarians to network, share changes in what subjects they are collecting, and discuss collection development issues.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - This is the SIG to explore diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in libraries and to share your own ideas, projects, activities, environmental scans, resources, etc. What are inclusive libraries? How do we support equity? These are the issues that can be discussed.
- Hospital Libraries - For the region's hospitals.
- Information Literacy, Reference & Instruction - Share anything related to Information Literacy, Reference, and Library Instruction and help plan or request events related to those topic.
- Library Assistants - To bring Library Assistants in the region together as a community to discuss work-related issues and to share activities, events, articles, and ideas related to our profession.
- LIS Students - Are you a LIS student from the SCRLC region (or close by) or do you know one? This SIG enables students to discuss library-related issues. SCRLC will share resume-writing and interviewing tips and hold occasional in-person events to help students prepare for their first job in a library organization.
- Resource Sharing - For interlibrary Loan, document delivery, and access services staff.
If you have a question or an idea for creating a SIG, please email Jessica Philippe.