SCRLC Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are informal peer communities that come together to learn, commiserate, explore, inspire and network.
SIGs may be as simple as a listserv for posting messages or might include virtual or face-to-face meetings and workshops. Join any of the current special interest groups below:
- Alma Discussion Group - A forum for people in the region to discuss issues, ask questions and share solutions associated with the migration to the Alma LMS.
- Assessment - (ESLN-Assessment@googlegroups.com)
- Distance Learning (D4L) - networking and education for librarians who provide instruction and services to students online
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Learn about diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in libraries and share your own ideas, projects, activities, environmental scans, resources, etc.
- Information Literacy, Reference & Instruction - Share anything related to Information Literacy, Reference, and Library Instruction and help plan or request events related to those topics.
- Library Assistants - To bring Library Assistants in the region together as a community to discuss work-related issues and to share activities, events, articles, and ideas related to our profession.
- Resource Sharing - Interlibrary Loan, document delivery, and access services staff (Resource-L)
If you have a question or an idea for creating a SIG, please email Jessica Philippe.