The Awareness & Advocacy Advisory Committee provides a forum for the discussion of advocacy, exchange of information, and advancement of advocacy efforts relevant to all types of libraries in the South Central Regional Library Council region.
Monitor regional, statewide, and national legislation and advocacy issues affecting or potentially affecting the SCRLC membership.
Examine social justice issues as relating to libraries.
Educate and inform the SCRLC membership on issues of importance to regional libraries and their stakeholders.
Develop and recommend annual advocacy activities.
Measure the effectiveness of advocacy efforts and campaigns.
Serve as advisors to the Board of Trustees and staff on matters of awareness, advocacy, and social justice in the South Central Regional Library Council region.
2020-2021 Activities (Tentative)
- Update the awareness & advocacy plan.
- Attend and report back on NYLA's Advocacy Day.
- Work with regional library systems to hold a legislative event, if feasible.
- Update the Awareness & Advocacy LibGuides.
- Plan advocacy training to focus on relationship building.