The Awareness & Advocacy Advisory Committee provides a forum for the discussion of advocacy, exchange of information, and advancement of advocacy efforts relevant to all types of libraries in the South Central Regional Library Council region.
- Monitor regional, statewide, and national legislation and advocacy issues affecting or potentially affecting the SCRLC membership.
- Examine social justice issues as relating to libraries.
- Educate and inform the SCRLC membership on issues of importance to regional libraries and their stakeholders.
- Develop and recommend annual advocacy activities.
- Measure the effectiveness of advocacy efforts and campaigns.
- Serve as advisors to the Board of Trustees and staff on matters of awareness, advocacy, and social justice in the South Central Regional Library Council region.
- Update the awareness & advocacy plan.
- Collaborate with regional library systems to hold a virtual legislative event(s).
- Participate in and report back on NYLA's Advocacy Day.
- Update the Awareness & Advocacy LibGuides.
- Offer additional advocacy training as needed.
- Contribute to the Plan of Service.